TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY POLICY STATEMENT
Catalyst Fund Managers* is committed to ensuring that the Financial Services Board’s initiative of “Treating Customers Fairly” (TCF) is embedded in all areas of our business.
(* includes Catalyst Fund Managers (Pty) Ltd, Catalyst Fund Managers Global (Pty) Ltd, Catalyst Fund Managers Alternative Investments (Pty) Ltd and Catalyst Fund Managers SA (Pty) Ltd)
Our clients are our most valuable asset and our aim is to:
- Protect the interests of our clients at each stage of the investment process, from the very first meeting through to the regular reviews.
- Endeavour to meet our clients’ expectations of high quality outcomes.
Our TCF Policy is centred around the Financial Services Board’s guidelines and the six outcomes produced, of which we have adopted five:
- Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome 3: Customers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Outcome 4: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome 5: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
- We do not provide investment advice.
- We will disclose all costs and risks involved with the purchase of any product.
- We will ensure that all Conflicts of Interest are clearly disclosed to enable the client to make an informed decision.
- We will ensure that all client communications are clear and concise.
- We will ensure that all Authorised Representatives have received necessary training to attend to their duties effectively.
- We will continuously ensure that all staff members fully understand the Five Outcomes detailed above.
- We will listen to client feedback and will deal with any complaints timeously.
- We will ensure that a mandate or agreement is signed between ourselves and the client detailing the extent of our discretionary services.
- At least quarterly we will send a report to all discretionary clients detailing progress made during the quarter on investments.
- We will ensure that authority is obtained for Personal Account Trading and that no such trading takes place until authority has been obtained.
- Where a breach of mandate has taken place we will rectify the situation so that the client is not prejudiced.
- We will ensure that no Insider Trading takes place.
- We will ensure that detailed fund fact sheets are produced monthly for funds being managed clearly detailing composition, costs and performance.
Approved by the Board of Directors